Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

The Hollow by Jessica Verday
The Hollow 
Pages: 509
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: September 1, 2009
Rating: 4/5


Abbey's best friend Kristen vanishes near the bridge at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. She doesn't believe her death was accidental.

At the funeral, Abbey meets Caspian. She's never seen him before, but he seems to know her. She finds herself drawn to him, but he doesn't seem interested.

Abbey finds there is more than meets the eye in Sleepy Hollow; that maybe the legend is more true then she ever believed.

Did you like my fail synposis? :)

This is my second time trying to get through this book. The first attempt was last year. I put it down to read something else, and for some reason never picked it back up. Oopsie.

I think I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I've never had much luck with ghost stories in the past, so I was a bit hesitant to pick this one up.

Of course, I love The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, so of course I just HAD to try this one out.

The writing in this book was beautiful. It was detailed, but not overly detailed. Just enough to give you an image of what's going on.

The twists in the story were somewhat predictable...Okay, very predictable! But they worked for the story. They made sense.

Abbey was a strong lead. She had a mind of her own. Of course, you have the classic swooning over the love interest, but I suppose I've just come to accept that in YA.

There were a lot of questions concerning Kristen that were left unanswered. There was that whole thing with the diary, but it seemed to have been forgotten by the end of the book, which is unfortunate because I kind of wanted to know what happened to her.

There was some major insta-love in this book. She seemed to have "fallen in love" with Caspian within the first few chapters. This was pretty unbelieveable considering their encounters only lasted mere paragraphs most of the time.

This was an entertaining read. It was one of the best ghost stories I've read in some time. I'd say give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment