Thursday, September 12, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess
Pages: 502

So this is the third book in the Infernal Devices series which the spin-off series of the mortal instruments but it was written in the time period of over 100 years before The Mortal Instruments, and it was how everything came to be. This book was amazing. I'll try not to have any spoilers in this but readers beware.

So the main characters are the same as in every book. Will, Tessa, Jem, Charlotte, Henry, and Sophie. They all basically have the same characteristics as they did in the first two books except for the fact that Will is letting his walls come down and it's freaking adorable. I ship Will and Tessa so hard. And for those of you who don't know what that means it just means that that's who I want in a relationship in the book. And in the end it sort of happens and then it sort of doesn't, I really can't explain more without spoilers.

The plot in this book was basically the same. If you read the first book or two you know that they are trying to find Mortamain. Well that plot is still continued but it does end I promise, but the good thing is I was still never bored through the whole book. Even though it still had the same general plot.

It took me like two days to read this book because I absolutely could not put it down. Not gonna lie, I cried, I laughed, I got incredibly angry. This book took me on a mini emotional roller coaster. I wasn't so overcome with emotions, but just enough to make me enjoy the book. Clare did a great job writing this book. I would recommend this series to anyone.

The only thing I didn't like was the sex scene omg. First they were taking off their shoes and then he couldn't figure out how to get her dress off and then it was like "and he moved his body to cover hers." Like seriously? I realize that this is a young adult book but come on can't you give me a little something here? But oh well, I guess a girl can't have everything she wants.

Five stars for this book. Please go out and read this book series. And if you haven't read the Mortal Instruments go read that also. The movie was pretty great. Could've been a smidge closer to the book but it was still great. Go read these two series! Carry on my wayward readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment