Friday, September 16, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

She Can Control Her Pack, But Not Her Heart


Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Pages: 454
Publisher: Speak
Release Date: October 19th, 2010
Rating: B

"Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?"

Review:

It took me so long to get through this book because school has finally started up again, but I am back to review it.

People keep saying it's impossible to tell who Calla will end up with when this series ends, but I find it really obvious by the end of the book, and let me tell you, I see a trend with me disliking the love interests...

Shay was okay at the start of the book, but as it progressed, I sort of wanted to rip his...Well, let's just say it'd be gory. Anyway, Shay is, what I would say, the most dangerous person in the book. He was constantly pulling Calla into trouble, totally ignoring the fact that the things he is getting her into may end up getting her killed. Way to go, hiker-boy.

Then there is Ren, who may have a bit of a temper, but you can tell he really does care for Calla, and doesn't get her into trouble. That's not to say he doesn't have his faults, but he is still a lot better choice than Shay.

Calla was a bit annoying as well. As I do like a heroine who can stand up for herself, she was a bit over-the-top; too tough. Towards the end, she did show a bit more emotion, but as they say: too little, too late.

The one aspect that did annoy me was that Cremer created all these interesting side characters and side-plots, but didn't develope them. I really liked the rest of the pack, specifically Mae (*cough*Mason*cough*). He has his own little problem with their, erm..."master" that was really awesome sounding (well, not for him), but after it was mentioned, all we get was something along the lines of "Logan's gaze lingered Mason" or something to that effect. Maybe it'll be explored a little more in the next couple books, because I'd really like to know what happens. :D

I have no idea when I'm going to get around to the rest of the series, but I can't wait to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment