Monday, December 5, 2011

Christine by Stephen King

Christine by Steven King

Pages: 497


Christine is no lady, but 17-year-old Arnie Cunningham loves her enough to do anything to possess her.  Arnie's best friend Dennis distrusts her at first sight. Arnie's teen-queen girlfriend Leigh fears her the moment she senses her power. Arnie's parents, teachers, and enemies soon learn what happens when you cross her.  Christine is no lady.  She is Stephen King's ultimate, blackly evil vehicle of horror.

The main characters are Arnie, Dennis, Leigh, and Christine.  Arnie is a loser at first, and then he becomes a MAJOR jerk, and then you realize that it's not actually his fault because the spirit of the cars previous owner is possessing him, and the owner is an ass.  Dennis is pretty funny and a sex machine.  He made me want to get in the backseat of a car with him at some points.  Leigh is the beutiful girl who ends up being the strong-willed, stubborn girlfriend of first Arnie, then Dennis.  Christine is the possessed car, and let me tell you, Stephen King did such a good job creating this character, that it wasn't overdone and stupid sounding.  It was interesting to see how all the characters fit so well together.  None of them actually annoyed me in this book surprisingly.


The plot of this book was SO amazing.  Boy sees car, boy falls in love with car, car = possessed, boy becomes possessed, people are mean to boy, boys car comes alive and murders them all, car ends up being destroyed.  It stuck to that the entire time. But it was so much more than that. I grimaced several times in this book, and it takes A LOT to make me grimace while reading.  Stephen King did a wonderful job.


It took me about four days to read this book, not just because it's boring, but because it's one of the longer books.  It captivated me from the first page.  I love Stephen King, he's my favorite author, and he definitely kept up his image in my mind. If you want a book that keeps you interested, and disgusts you at the same time, I would definitely recommend picking up this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment