Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Pages: 358
**PLOT SPOLIER**

This was an amazing book. :D

I'm not going to bore you with a recount of all the characters because I stated their qualities in my review of the Iron Daughter.  But I will summarize them.
Meghan Chase - Annoying, main character so unfortunately you have to have her
Puck - funny brother type of guy, good to have around
Ash - He's mine so please back off thanks. <3
Oberon - annoying also (must run in the family), no heart.
Mab - ........
Machina - I actually forgot who he was.....
Fake Iron King - Don't even remember his name.....
And the rest really aren't important, they kind of just flit in and out never staying for long.


The plot of this was actually super decent. I absolutely LOVED the second book and my love just grew with this book. The whole point is the The Fake Iron King took over the throne even though Meghan is the true heir because she inherited the old Iron Kings powers.  But Meghan and Ash get exhiled for being "lovers", but Mab and Oberon agreed to lift their exhile if they came back and destroyed the Fake Iron King because he was destroying the Nevernever. She made Ash her knight which apparently was a big honor. So Meghan goes and defeats him, blah blah blah, but she kills herself in the process, and this is where my heart broke. As Meghan lay dying (dramatic beginning) she tells Ash he needs to go and leave her. He won't so she releases him from his duty as her knight because if she doesn't he will die alongside her, and then she uses his full name (can't remember it at this time) to bid him out of the Iron realm and never to return. I actually started crying, like no joke, right in the middle of class I was bawling my eyes out.  Julie Kagawa is awesome.

It only took me like 2 days to read this book if you subtract all my distractions and such. I definately recommend anybody who is looking for a series to start to read this series. Get through the first book and I swear it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment