Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Evermore by Alyson Noel
Pages: 306


Before I start my review, I'm gonna say this book actually kinda pissed me off a bit. If you've ever read Fallen by Lauren Kate, this is almost exactly the way Evermore is. It's very very close. So through this entire book I'm like fuming and annoyed.


The characters are Evermore, the main girl, she's pretty cool actually. Odd for a main female character.  Damon, the oh-so-hot guy she falls in love with. Drina, Damon's ex-wife (explanation later), Miles and haven are her best friends, and Riley is her dead sister. (No explanation, no spoilers.)

This is where I begin my comparison of Fallen and Evermore.

Characters
Fallen - Luce gets reincarnated every life, and always ends up getting back to Daniel

Evermore - Ever keeps getting reincarnated nad always ends up back with Damon

Fallen - Daniel is the oh-so-hot boyfriend that she wants so bad, and can't seem to shake the feeling that Luce knows him from somewhere.

Evermore - Damnon is the oh-so-hot boyfriend that she wants so bad, and everytime she looks into his eyes, she can't seem to shake the feeling of knowing him.

Fallen - Cam is the evil guy who wants to break them apart

Evermore - Drina is the evil ex-wife who wants to break them apart.

Plotline
Fallen - Get daniel. Make out at the lake. Stay away from Cam. I love him.

Evermore - Get Damon. Have sex. Stay away from Drina. I love him.

Okay, so my ranting about this book is done.  Realize that I never said I didn't like the book. I just said that it pissed me off. It was a really awesome book, and I think that Alyson Noel did a very fine job writing this book. But I also think that her plot is very unoriginal because I could almost tell you exactly what was going to happen. So basically what I'm saying is, if you've read fallen don't read Evermore because it's a very big plot spoiler, and if you've read evermore don't read fallen because it also equals a very big plot spoiler. I mean, they were both great books, but that's just how I feel about it.

It took me about a day and a half to read this book only because it was so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment