Sunday, August 26, 2012

Changeling by Phillipa Gregory (UNFINISHED)

Changeling By Phillipa Gregory (Unfinished)

Changeling (Order of Darkness, #1) 


Pages: 256
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: May 24, 2012
Rating: 1/5


I am at a loss for words. This is only the second time I have ever given up on a book.

I got up to page 69 before calling it quits. Yeah, few weeks, 69 pages. It was that bad.
From the first sentence, I knew it was going to be terrible. Now, I may be wrong, but I do not believe there were handguns in the 1400's. So, comparing the banging of a door to the shots of a handgun is a pretty bad choice.

I have never read any of Gregory's adult novels, but I do know she is supposed to be a master at historical fiction. I will give her the benefit of the doubt, but it did not shine through in her YA debut.
In the very beginning, our main protagonist, Luca, is said to be rumored a Changeling. Hence the title, I suppose. From what I read, and what I have heard from others who have read this book, is that it was only mentioned one other time. Whether this is going to be brought up in future installments, I guess I'll never know.

Speaking of Luca...Yeah, I don't like him. He is a bit of an ass. A boring ass, at that. As for our heroine, Isolde...She's boring, too.

The only character I liked, at all, was Isolde's friend and servant, Ishraq. She was the only one with ANY personality what-so-ever. I love you, Ish. I love you.

I did not get up to any parts with romance, but considering the main characters are so boring, I cannot believe I am missing all too much.

I don't see myself picking this back up

No comments:

Post a Comment