Friday, October 19, 2012

My Columbian Friend

Before I start, no this is not a book review. But I just want to take the time to tell you guys something incredible. A year ago (in my sophomore year) a boy named Andres transferred to my school from Columbia. He spoke absolutely NO English whatsoever. He had to walk around with an interpreter for most of his first 8 months, he's moving to South Carolina today and I'm going to miss him incredibly but I just want to tell you guys that after a year he was sitting in my AP English Literature and Composition class and honestly making a B+ that's incredible. After a year in a wierd school in a foreign country and not being able to speak any of that language, and a year later sitting in one of the top honors English classes. That's incredible. So I just want to let you all know that anything is possible. If my best friend Andres can do all that without giving up than anybody else can do something if they put their mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment