Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James

Fifty Shades Trilogy
(Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed)
Pages:
Book 1: 380
Book 2: 532
Book 3: 594

Okay, I'm gonna start off this review saying yes, I did read the fifty shades trilogy, obviously. Honestly, the only reason why I read the series was because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. No, I'm not going to go and out and become the next Mrs. Robinson. 

The main characters in this book were Anastasia Steele, and Christian Grey. Anastasia was the young, innocent, ignorant girl who fell in love with the powerful, sensual, dominant Christian Grey. Anastasia kinda got annoying after a while to be honest. She was always complaining about something. Christian also got annoying after a while because he tried to hard. But Christian is oh-so-hot and I loved reading about him.

(Btw no I never got turned on by this book. I had somebody ask me that. That's weird....sorry but no....)

The plot was love and sex. Basically that's it. Every time you turn around they were "doing it." I think they mistook passion for love honestly and I would like to read a book about them 10 years from now to see if they still "have it" whatever it may be. I mean it was hot, yes, and sometimes I was just like why the heck would they do that, but mostly it was just corny and repetitive. I was intrigued by their so-called "love" though.  They couldn't get enough of each other, and they were always there for each other. But sometimes it was just stupid and I was like "can they not control themselves for five minutes when around each other?"

I seriously read all three books in 3 1/2 days because I wanted to see what happened. I honestly skipped through most of the sex scenes after the first three because they were all the same just about. If you cut out the sex then you have a decently well written love story. It could have been better but then again it was a sex driven series so how good could it actually be?

I wouldn't recommend this for anybody who is not mature enough to read it. I'd say 14+ because I think that kids under 14 shouldn't be reading this kind of stuff yet. Heck, kids my age (almost 18) shouldn't be reading this stuff, but if you do read it be prepared and don't think that this is all sex is about and how relationships are if you've never been in one. It's just a book. I give it 3 1/2 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment