Thursday, November 24, 2011

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Pages: 476

When Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother in Victorian England, something terrifying is waitning for her in London's Downworld.  Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, who are members of a secret organization called the Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she has the power to transform into another person.  The Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the club, will stop at nothing to claim tessa's power for his own.  Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons.  She soon finds her self fascinated by--and torn between--two best friends: James and Will.  As Tessa is drawn deep into a plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, she realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brther and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.



OMG. I FREAKING LOVE. THIS BOOK. <3

Clockwork Angel in my opinion is the BEST book that Miss./Mrs. Clare has ever written, that I've read.  It definitely made up for my lack of interest in the fourth mortal instruments book. She regained my respect for her as a writer. I applaud you Miss./Mrs. Clare for writing one of the best books I have ever read, and trust me, it's very hard for me to find a book that I can say that about.

The main characters are Will, Jem, Tessa, Henry, Jessamine and Charlotte.  Cassandra Clare put just the right amount of annoying, stupid, funny, smart, sophisticated, and attitude into these characters.  Will Herondale is witty, amused rarely, and very sarcastic, he's my favorite character and his annoyance with the world never got over-done.  Jem (James) is funny, yet sophisticated and he is adorable.  Henry is the crazy inventor of the group. He is decently smart, and his passion is making things for the clave to use, unfortunately he never gets one to work right.  Jessamine is the annoying, stuck up, prick in this book, but like I said you have to have at least one in every book.  Charlotte, is the head of the Institute, but other than that she's just there, to help out and be the mother-like figure.  And lastly, Tessa who is the main, main character is witty, hard-headed, and makes this book amazing.  She's not one of the main characters that try to hard either. 

The plot of this book was incredible. Cassandra Clare stayed on topic and never strayed.  It was very interesting to see how everything unfolded in the end, with several plot twists that I wasn't expecting at all.

It only took me about two days to read this book because it was just so icredibly-fantastic that I couldn't put it down.  I definitely recommend everyone to start reading the Infernal Devices series.  I'm so excited for the next one, Clockwork Prince, to come out!

~Christina~

No comments:

Post a Comment