Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Pages: 359

Half Summer faery princess, half human. Maghan has never fit in anywhere.  Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen.  As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey -- ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse. Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off.  She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help.  Trusting anyone would be foolish.  Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly.  But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.


The main characters are Ash, Puck, and Meghan Chase.  Meghan was always, and always will be annoying. I just can't get over her stupidity, but hey, I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but you have to have at least one.  Ash is the every-so-sexy Winter Prince, who at first I thought was an ass but he got better in the second book. Then there's Puck, the infamous Robin Goodfellow.  He's super funny and I would love to meet him in real life. I like him but in the brotherly way, because he reminds me wayyyyyyyy to much of my brother.  The characters really bring out the best in each other. Like Puck and Ash's mini battles that always end up with them both still alive.

The plot of this book was really good.  I think Miss./Mrs. Kagawa really brought out the plot better in this book than the first one.  It kept me interested the entire time.  Plus, there was more going on, not just a quest, but also saving Ash, trying to keep hidden from Queen mab, and several other things. It wasn't just one, straightforward thing the entire time.

It took me about a day to read this book, because it was really, really good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I just want to say, that if you are going to read the Iron Fey series don't stop reading it because of the first one, I mean yes the first one was good, but kinda boring, but keep reading and once you get through  the first one the second one is way better, and I'm so ready to read the third!!

~Christina~

No comments:

Post a Comment