Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) 
Pages: 414
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: February 28, 2012
Rating: 4/5
Pandemonium is the sequel to Lauren Oliver's Delirium which I loved so much.

This book picks up where Delirium left off, with Lena escaping into the wilds. She finds a group of invalids and joins them, learning to live the way they do.

What's different about this book is, until about three-fourths of the way, its chapters are divided up between the "before" time, and "now". I found the "now" chapters to be a lot more exciting and enjoyable, but the "before" chapters were also good.

Lena is very different than she was in Delirium. She has learned to shield her emotions quite a bit, which is reasonable for her situation. It didn't make her any less of an enjoyable protagonist.

The side characters were also very enjoyable. They had real personality that fit their prediciments. My favorite had to have been Raven. Even if she pissed me off from time to time, she was a good friend and mentor to Lena.

Now here's where I come to a crossroad: Julian. On one note, I liked his character and what he represented. Unfortunately, I did not like that he was used as a way to, in a way, replace Alex. It would have been fine if
Alex had not come back, but since that DID happen, it made Julian seem like a filler.

The ending in this book was killer, and makes me absolutely hate that the final book doesn't come out until next year. Next. Year. That is insanity! I just hope it goes in the way I want it to go. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment