Saturday, August 27, 2011

Darklight by Lesley Livingston

Darklight by Lesley Livingston

Pages: 310
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: 2010

Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was a Faerie princess, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved the mortal realm from the ravages of the Wild Hunt.  Now Kelley is stuck in New York City, rehearsing Romeo and Juliet and missing Sonny more with every stage kiss, while Sonny has been forced back to the otherworld and into a deadly game of cat and mouse with the remaining Hunters and Queen mabh herself.
When a terrifying encounter sends Kelley tumbling into the Otherworld, her reunion with Sonny is joyful but destined to be cut short.  An ancient, hidden magick is stirring, and a dangerous new enemy is willing to risk everything to claim that power.  Caught in a web of Faerie deception and shifting allegiances, Kelley and Sonny must tread carefully, for each next step could topple a kingdom...or tear them apart.
With breathtakingly high stakes, the talented Lesley Livingston delivers soaring romance and vividly magical characters in DARKLIGHT, the second novel in the trilogy that began with Wondrous Strange.



Review: 

This book was as amazing as the first, with the description and the characters and everything. I loved it so much. It definitely met my second-book-standards.

The main character kelley, kept up her not-so-annoying ways and I still like her.  She was still very hardheaded and stubborn.  Her love for Sonny Flannery was passionate and unending. Sonny Flannery my so hot Janus guard, is still amazingly perfect. Still my favorite character for the simple fact that he can give Kelley a rose and be sweet and then turn around and kick so Faerie butt. He's amazing,. Auberon nor Mabh was really in the book that often but they're still okay I guess. Nothing much changed with them.

Again, I'm not exactly sure what the plot of this book is but Lesley Livingston is just so awesome that she can make that work for her.  With or without a plot, this book was still utterly amazing and still met my standards.

It took me about 2 sittings to read this book also, because like the first book I just could not put it down.I definitely recommend the first and second book to anybody who needs something to read.

My rating:

A
("A" instead of an "A-" because in my opinion it is harder to write a second book than it is to write a first book)

Reason for rating:

  • Still not sure what the plot of these books are
  • I still love all the characters
  • It meets my (very high) standards for second books
  • It's not a normal "Faerie" book as one might expect
 -.:Christina:.-

No comments:

Post a Comment