Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fearscape by Simon Holt

Fearscape by Simon Holt
Fearscape (The Devouring, #3) 
Pages: 320
Publisher: Little, Brown
Release Date: October 5, 2010
Rating: 4/5
Points Earned: 11/11

Review:

Where we left off in Soulstice, Reggie was finally able to break Quinn free of the Vour's hold on him. Unfortunately, Reggie also get's sent to Home, a mental institute run by Dr. Unger, and Vours.

Reggie is forced into people's fearscapes in order for Unger to conduct research.

All the while, Aaron, with the help of Quinn and ex-tracer Machen, plan on freeing Reggie before it's too late.

I had forgotten how much I loved this series. It must have been the boring, slightly unsettling cover that's put me off for so long.

My only real problem with this book was the ending. It was resolved, but at the same time, it wasn't. I felt that Holt could have wrapped things up a little better. This is, I believe, the last book in the series after all.

I loved the new fearscapes in this one. They still kept on with their creepy nature. The descriptions of the horrors were just incredible.

The twists in the story were unpredictible, and added great tention, and sometimes a bit of hope, into the story.

I really just wish there was more. The way it ended could be left open for at least another book, which I doubt will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment