Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

Fever by Lauren DeStefano
Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)
Pages: 341
Publisher: Simon&Schuster
Release Date: February 21, 2012
Rating: 4/5
Points Earned: N/A

Review:

I can't believe it's almost been a year since I've read Wither. It feels like it was just yesterday I was all like "Ohemgeee, Nicki! Read this book nao!"

It also feels like just yesterday when I saw this cover and nearly puked, but that's besides the point.

When Wither left off, Rhine and Gabriel escaped from Vaughn's mansion. What they come upon next is even more trouble. Figures.

I'm not going to go into full detail, because so much went on in this tiny book.

I think my main problem in this book was Gabriel. I was gaga over him in the first book, mainly because he was just...there. Now, he has an actual personality. A cliche personality, that is. The caring, yet easily angered love interest. Ooh la la--bleh.

I mean, there were still some cute parts between them, but their relationship felt a bit forced.

Just like in the former, I love DeStefano's writing. So dark and morbid. So different from her Facebook and Twitter updates, that's for sure.

The ending was pretty much the standard cliffhanger, but it set up perfectly for the next book. I am really curious to see how the trilogy will end, because I find it hard to believe that it'll have a happy ending.

It better not, because this plot so doesn't set up for one!

No comments:

Post a Comment