Monday, April 2, 2012

Life As We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Life As We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Pages: 337



The only thing I can really say about this book is wow. I mean we all joke about the apocolypse and the world ending, and all that crazy stuff, but this book really was a "wow, this could actually happen to us" kind of deal. No zombies, no wars, nothing cool, just death. But isn't that what the apocolypse is?

The main character Miranda, was a pretty cool main character. She was really strong.  Stronger than I would ever be in her position. Her brother Jonny is younger than her and also pretty sweet, but he whines a little to much.  Her older brother Matt is a very strong kind-hearted man and I'm happy that he lived through everything. The mom was whiny and needed to calm down about things that really weren't as big as she made them out to be.

This was an amazing book, I really liked it.  I'm gonig to be honest, at first I didn't want to read it because I thought that I knew everything about the apocolypse, but even though none of us knows what's going to happen or even if it is going to happen this was a very big eye opener. I definately recommend this book.

It got a little slow at points, but for the most part it kept at a steady pace and was usually always pretty interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment